Medicare Plan Review for 2023
HICAP holds special counseling events during the fall annual enrollment period to better serve you during this busy time. During these events we can help you review and change your drug or health plan to make sure it’s the best fit for you as well as help with any regular Medicare issue. One of these events is on a Saturday. See the chart, below, for a list of all events.
If you have difficulty reading or interpreting this chart, please contact us.
Use the toolbar, below, to page up/down, zoom in/out, download document, or display full screen.
We will ask you to create a MyMedicare account
Medicare has a tool for finding the best medical and drug plans for you. The best way to use this tool is to have a MyMedicare account. (Learn more about MyMedicare accounts.) If you prefer to create an account at the counseling event, we will assist with that. Please be sure to bring you Medicare card with you.
There are four steps to register for these events:
- From the above schedule of events please select a location and date that will be convenient for you to meet with one of our counselors. Then either call us or email us using the contact information on our CONTACT US page. In your message, please state the date and location you prefer to attend. We will contact you to confirm your appointment.
- Please click here to download the plan review worksheet, then print it and complete all requested information. Otherwise you can pick up a worksheet at your local Senior Center or call HICAP and we’ll mail you one. The registration worksheet requires Adobe Acrobat Reader; if it’s not installed on your computer, click here to download and install the latest version.
- Fill out the Registration Worksheet completely, making sure that you:
- List your preferred pharmacy and whether you get 30 day refills or 90 day refills.
- List the full name of each of your drugs along with the dosage and frequency information. See note on how to show drugs that are in vials, tubes, inhalers, etc.
- Indicate whether generics are okay.
- Bring all of your Medicare supplement cards with you (drug plan, Medicare Advantage, etc)
- Bring the worksheet with you to the counseling event. We will use this information to search for the best plan for you. If your worksheet is incomplete, our results for your plan search will not be accurate. Also, be sure to bring your MEDICARE.GOV user name and password with you and your Medicare card and all supplement plan cards.